Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Zoe is finally here!

I finally gave birth to little Zoe Marie at 3:52 St. Patrick's Day.
I went to my doc for an ultrasound and cervical check at 10am Monday morning and they found that our little one didn't have enough amniotic fluid to stay inside any longer.
Despite my original intentions for an intervention free natural child birth, i decided to allow the induction with pitocin at 1:30pm.
I had a leep procedure done 3 years ago due to cervical cancer that prevented me from dilated fully. It took some serious contractions and the assistance of my doc and nurses massaging and breaking up that scar tissue so that I could deliver vaginally.
But, I did it.... I birthed a beautiful baby girl!!! COMPLETELY DRUG FREE!!!! I am so proud of myself and my support team because if it wasn't for them, I may have caved!

Baby Zoe arrived 7 days late at 3:52 am 3/17/10 weighing 7 lbs, 1 oz and was 20" long.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For more photos, please see my facebook page: www.facebook.com/kristicantdance

1 comment:

  1. Zoe is beautiful! I hope I get to meet her sooner than later. You are sucn a trooper. I definately would have been calling for the drugs! I hope you love being a mom!

    ReplyDelete